- Guide to PHARMACOLOGY
Compound class: Endogenous peptide in human, mouse or rat
Comment: The PubChem link above links to a chemical structure for apelin-36.
Ligand Activity Visualisation Charts
These are box plot that provide a unique visualisation, summarising all the activity data for a ligand taken from ChEMBL and GtoPdb across multiple targets and species. Click on a plot to see the median, interquartile range, low and high data points. A value of zero indicates that no data are available. A separate chart is created for each target, and where possible the algorithm tries to merge ChEMBL and GtoPdb targets by matching them on name and UniProt accession, for each available species. However, please note that inconsistency in naming of targets may lead to data for the same target being reported across multiple charts.✖
1. Fan X, Zhou N, Zhang X, Mukhtar M, Lu Z, Fang J, DuBois GC, Pomerantz RJ. (2003)
Structural and functional study of the apelin-13 peptide, an endogenous ligand of the HIV-1 coreceptor, APJ.
Biochemistry, 42 (34): 10163-8. [PMID:12939143]
2. Hosoya M, Kawamata Y, Fukusumi S, Fujii R, Habata Y, Hinuma S, Kitada C, Honda S, Kurokawa T, Onda H et al.. (2000)
Molecular and functional characteristics of APJ. Tissue distribution of mRNA and interaction with the endogenous ligand apelin.
J. Biol. Chem., 275 (28): 21061-7. [PMID:10777510]
3. Kawamata Y, Habata Y, Fukusumi S, Hosoya M, Fujii R, Hinuma S, Nishizawa N, Kitada C, Onda H, Nishimura O, Fujino M. (2001)
Molecular properties of apelin: tissue distribution and receptor binding.
Biochim Biophys Acta., 1538: 162-171. [PMID:11336787]
4. Medhurst AD, Jennings CA, Robbins MJ, Davis RP, Ellis C, Winborn KY, Lawrie KW, Hervieu G, Riley G, Bolaky JE, Herrity NC, Murdock P, Darker JG. (2003)
Pharmacological and immunohistochemical characterization of the APJ receptor and its endogenous ligand apelin.
J Neurochem., 84: 1162-1172. [PMID:12603839]
5. Tatemoto K, Hosoya M, Habata Y, Fujii R, Kakegawa T, Zou MX, Kawamata Y, Fukusumi S, Hinuma S, Kitada C et al.. (1998)
Isolation and characterization of a novel endogenous peptide ligand for the human APJ receptor.
Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun., 251 (2): 471-6. [PMID:9792798]